Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#241010 01/10/2011 10:52 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 199
Likes: 9
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 199
Likes: 9
I can't find them, and they are probably staring me in the face, but are there basic instructions for a server move? The move of the files and database is done and the dns change just kicked it. I know there are a few files that I can update for the new site.

Of course, at the moment I'm getting a "Content Encoding Error" since everything is pointing to the old places.

Thanks!

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
Try this post it is the one I used when I moved our site..

https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...s_UBB_Threads_7_x_Transf.html#Post178189



Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
file permissions was the only head ache for me.

Any upload problems or gallery images, its permissions.


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)