Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 6
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 6
I am very basic in my understanding of PhP. I need, if possible, the simplest possible PhP code to display posts in a given forum on my home page, www.aftertherose.com . I'd also like it to recognize the user, or ask them to login.

I looked at ubbthreads.php and OMG - maximum confusing LOLOL sooooo many includes. I seriously don't know where to start.

Any help would be hugely appreciated smile

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
so before they can see posts on your main site, they have to login?

you can easily feed posts from a particular forum via RSS feeds and then consume them in a 'widget' on your main site.

i've done this very quickly / painlessly with Google widget for example smile

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 6
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 6
No, only the premium forums they need to login for. So I need some simple code on how to use all those includes, check if someone is logged in, and display most recent posts in one forum in a box.

I know that's simple to you guys, but for me, I'm not sure which includes to use, how to access the db (or if those includes do that for me.)

I'm a Perl developer LOL and PhP is quite a different bear. I wouldn't mind paying someone to simply write this very simple page for me. One page like this, and I think I'd get a handle on how to use your code.

You can reach me at [email protected] and thank you much.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
i sent you an email from [email protected] smile


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)