Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
I have chowned my site folder and now can't see any attachment I upload. I can't find documentation about permissions for the attachements folder

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
dir=777
file=666

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
Thanks for the quick reply. I still can't see a photo I upload. The folder has over 20,000 photos in it. Previously loaded photos are visible but i can't see any new photos i upload. There is no error when I upload a photo as an attachment.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I can only assume you are using version 7.5.6
If you are using attachments not a gallery forum.
Goto
Control Panel » Feature Settings
Double check the path
Use the "click to test directory" link.
It should pass and create a file called test.file in the folder with a current time stamp.

Also I would check
Control Panel » Permission Checks
See if anything fails there.
Like tmp,cache,etc,etc.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Phun), 259 guests, and 127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)