|
|
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15 |
Hi All, I am currently using ccBill which writes a user name and MD5 hashed password to the text file .htpasswd.
I want to convert the Apache authorization to write the user name and password directly to the ubbt_USERS table. Is this possible?
Does anyone have information and configuration examples of Apache site config files along the following lines?
<Directory /home/domain/public_html/membersonly> AuthType Basic AuthName "Add your login message here." AuthMySQLHost localhost AuthMySQLUser db_user AuthMySQLPassword db_password AuthMySQLDB database_name_used_for_authentication AuthMysqlUserTable ubbt_USERS AuthMySQLPwEncryption MD5 AuthMySQLEnable on require valid-user </Directory>
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
yes, it is possible i've done this for 2 peeps and it is a non-stock modification you really don't have to modify apache at all. CCBill just writes the .htaccess file for you when they install their software. ubbthreads needs to detect that and act accordingly after that 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15 |
How would I go about that? Is there any code about for that in the public domain?
The *best* solution would be for the ccBill cgi to write to the ubbt_USERS table but that might be asking a bit much.
Using a db would be much more efficient than the .htpasswd text file.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
This is what I use, you'd have to adapt it... # Start Authentication
AuthName "Auth Name"
AuthType Basic
# Database settings:
AuthMySQLHost localhost
AuthMySQLUser [username]
AuthMySQLPassword [password]
AuthMySQLDB [db]
# User table
AuthMySQLUserTable ubbt_USERS
AuthMySQLNameField [user]
AuthMySQLPasswordField [pass]
# User Roles tables
#AuthMySQLGroupTable data_staff
#AuthMySQLGroupField group
#AuthMySQLGroupCondition "access_cp=1"
# Where clauses
#AuthMySQLUserCondition "access_cp=1"
# Do it to it!
AuthMySQLPwEncryption md5
AuthMySQLEnable On
require valid-user
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15 |
Thanks for that. I just contacted ccBill and they modified my cgi script to write the info to the database direct. These are the settings for my case. Can anyone comment on whether or not they look right?
$AUTHTABLE = 'ubbt_USERS'; $DATAHOST = 'localhost'; $DATANAME = 'asiabarhop'; $DATAUSER = 'root'; $DATAPASSWORD = 'secret'; $USERFIELD = 'USER_LOGIN_NAME'; $PASSWORDFIELD = 'USER_PASSWORD'; $PASS_BKUP = '1';
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15 |
I guess I will still need to edit my Apache site config file as above to make Apache auth work?
Do those settings go in the <DIRECTORY> block?
Last edited by markhorrocks; 01/29/2011 3:06 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15 |
An additional question, how would I go about writing the other fields such as USER_IS_APPROVED, USER_DISPLAY_NAME and USER_REGISTRATION_EMAIL?
Last edited by markhorrocks; 01/29/2011 3:16 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
My code goes into your .htaccess
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15 |
I am not using .htaccess so that means it goes into the <DIRECTORY> block of the Apache site config file in /etc/apache2/sites-available.
I may have bitten off more than I can chew here. I am not sure how to set the other needed fields. I could set a default value for USER_IS_APPROVED but not sure about the other fields.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
using htaccess is as simple as adding a .htaccess file to the directory, but to each their own; you can always add it to the apache config, but keep in mind that it won't be added to your site backups if you're using an automated backup script (as server configurations are generally out of the scope).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15 |
I have complete access to the server as its a cloud machine.
My original intention here was to have the ccBill signup write to the ubbThreads database but its quite impractical really. Using Postbacks it can be done but hardly worth the effort. In addition, its not desirable to use the ccBill User maintenance CGI to maintain users on ubbThreads.
What is possible is to change the authorization to use MySQL from .htpasswd. ccBill have provided a modified CGI to do that. The script also maintains a backup in the .htpasswd file. It is then a simple matter to use either .htaccess or the apache site config file to authorize from the database.
What I would like to do, however, is to integrate the user login and I'm wondering how to best approach that. Any input would be most welcome.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 15 |
I finally got Apache MYSQL authentication working using the following link http://alimanfoo.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/apache-authentication-and-mysql/ccBill provided a CGI script for me which writes to a db as well as .htpasswd If anybody has implemented an integrated login between the ccBill authentication and their forum I would very much like to know how it was done. Thanks, sirdude and gizmo for your help. Mark
|
|
|
|
1 members (Phun),
259
guests, and
127
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|