Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 58
R
journeyman
journeyman
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 58
I guess this is not really a bug, but I thought I would mention that unregistered visitors to the site, can see the calendar and who's online (those not in invisible mode), IF they know the URL's for either/both. As you can imagine, people that are experienced with UBBthreads, know how to access many pages. I have guest permissions set to zero for every single function, and I have removed both the links in the header. Sorry if this has been brought up before, but I didn't find it in my search. v7.5.6

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
You can open the script file for both systems (scripts/calendar.inc.php and scripts/online.inc.php) and change the line:
Code
		"regonly" => 0,

To:
Code
		"regonly" => 1,

Then any "unregistered" users will get an error message and only users who're registered can access those pages.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 58
R
journeyman
journeyman
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 58
Thank you very much


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)