Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#241781 02/18/2011 10:27 AM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10
I am just setting up my board and being the person that I am, it's driving me NUTS that I am Member #2. I'm supposed to be #1 ! LOL.

I changed it, but it didn't change, and I'm afraid to log out fearing I may lock myself out of the board, lol.

Thanks!

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Don't do it.
Member 1 is reserved for anonymous.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10
Really! I did not know that!

What is the reason for an "anonymous" user?

And can someone use said "anonymous" user?

If no one can use it, why does it even exist?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
anonymous is the user all "deleted" posts belong to, it's also who all posts without a name in general belong to (such as if you allow anon posting in a forum).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Gizmo
anonymous is the user all "deleted" posts belong to, it's also who all posts without a name in general belong to (such as if you allow anon posting in a forum).


Hmmmm, now my brain goes off on a tangent. So, the deleted posts are still in the database, but not visible. Are these posts accessible in ANY manner, shape or form? Can an admin or mod have access to them? (or a member by way of a back door of some sort?). (I'm asking for my own board, for protection).

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I meant deleted users; ie, I go to your site and post a ton of things that you think are cool, you delete me cas I tick you off, those posts I believe belong to user 1.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I think Gizmo is correct. The part he left out is.
When deleting a member depending on how you do it.
You have a option to delete a member but leave the posts intact.
So the posts from that member become member 1 (anonymous).
If that makes any sense.
So if you opt to delete the user and their posts yes they are gone completely.
Also if you allow guests to post, even if they can manually post their name they become member 1.

Just believe me you don't want to go down the road of being member 1 for a vanity reason. It would be a modification to the stock code.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)