Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
when I open the file in my browser (from the link on the main page) the page displays for a moment then reverts to "This page cannot be displayed" (or currently unavailable)
If I hit the back button a few times then the page loads itself finally.
Not sure if this an Apache or PHP config error

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
this seems to be happening while Im accessing the board via 56k dialup.I cant open the topic with 6 threads and 11 posts nor can open up the faq. I can open up controlpanel,who's online,admin and any of two other topics that only have 1 or 2 posts.

I know the files exist and are valid because I had my friend who is using dsl access all parts of the boards.
This has me baffled.Any help will be much appreciated

http://emeraldforestseattle.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Ok..Im getting closer to what teh problem is specifically now...Im able to browse the board as an anonymous user but if I log in with my user name and try to view posts it says page cant be displayed...any insight peeples?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Any problems with any other scripts? Does it actually have the proper URL in your address bar. The faq_language link is built dynamically so if it's not linking directly to faq_english.php in the address bar then it's a different issue.

-------------------
Rick Baker
UBBThreads developer

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
ya it seems some of the other scripts are not working now too...it tries to load up the page but then fails...this happens more on 56k thatn it does on broadband.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Ok..Im back at the server (physically) and i can do whatever i want on the board and so can anyone on my network. Whenever someone outside tries to access the board or open a topic to display the pages starts to load then fails. Sometimes this happens and sometimes it doesnt. My friend just tried to post and she got the Page not found error when trying to display a topic. After hitting the back button a couple of times the post finally opened and she was allowed to post a reply. Could this be some sort of timeout error with Apache or maybe some problem with mySQL?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Boy, I'm not sure on that one. Can you get to normal pages on your site ok from the outside?

-------------------
Rick Baker
UBBThreads developer

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Normal meaning like this board or other websites? That would be a yes. Im logged in at my other residence that has 56k right now and when I try to open a topic thats been posted and has replies to it like I said the page tries to load and then defaults to the Page cant be displayed screen. So i went to my local internet cafe and used one of the t1 connections and logged into my board and everything works perfectly.I have more than one computer here (56k residence) so I tried that avenue also and no change there. Like I said Im baffled. Also when I use the Edit or Change a Board tool in the Admin panel I notice that in the section where you can set permissions for read,write and no access I have multiple instances of the same groups

ie; 3 sets of Users
3 sets of Moderators
3 sets of Admin
3 sets of Guests

This doesnt seem right.

Thanks for your assistance Rick

Michael Minnis
http://EmeraldForestSeattle.com

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
The groups is definitely a problem. You can go into the admin section and run the following database command from the database manager:

DELETE FROM w3t_Groups WHERE G_Id > 4

It sounds like your forum might be timing out before it gets to the browser on a 56K dialup. What kind of server are you running on?

-------------------
Rick Baker
UBBThreads developer

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
As a followup on this I use ISDN so I dropped a channel down to 64K and the forum is very fast from here.

-------------------
Rick Baker
UBBThreads developer

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Are you behind a router?
Sounds like packets are getting fragmented causing pages not to load all the way. If you are behind a router make sure you set MaxMTU for the router and your network card.
If you need to know how to do this post back. By Ricks post above it looks like packets are getting fragmented.

[b]Extreme VB Forums -[/b] Visual Basic Help

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
The server (on which by UBBThreads install lives) which is at my home is a 1.2ghz AMD Windows XP Pro with Apache on a 640k two way DSL. The router it sits behind is a Cisco 675.The server is also connected to a switch/hub which is Zonet

The 56k connection at my second residence (where Im getting the problems) is not behind a router.
Would the packets being fragmented occur at this location or the servers?

The fix for the deleting the extra groups worked also thankyou

Michael Minnis
http://EmeraldForestSeattle.com

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I also checked 56k from the neighbors house and had another friend log into the board with his 56k connection and we all get the same errors..I cleared the cache in my browser (which seemed to help) and was able to open several threads but not all of them.

So this is definately a problem with the server side.Any suggestions?How do I go about adjusting the MTU if thats what i need to do and why would the packets get fragmented? Could this be anything to do with my PHP setup?..I know this is probably a little beyond the UBBThreads support and I do appreciate the help from your commuity.

Michael Minnis
http:/EmeraldForestSeattle.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 1,018 guests, and 215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29