Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#242288 03/23/2011 6:28 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
My wife uses IE8 and was struggling with Google maps. I checked the broadband connection and it looked OK so I opened the same URL with both Firefox and Chrome on the same PC and had no problems at all.

We don't have separate accounts on the PC, that's why we use different browsers and e-mail clients. I use Firefox and Thunderbird, she uses IE8 and Outlook.

Have any regular IE users upgraded to 9? I've been told that once it's installed it can't be uninstalled (I don't know about roll back) so I'm just after some feedback before I make the change.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
works fine

it's definitely an improvement over v8 and v7

as for uninstalling, i haven't tried that

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Well I've upgraded and tweaked it a little and so far no major problems. Just had one freeze on a secure site but I deleted temp files and the cache, rebooted and it was OK second time around.

Fingers crossed! eek

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
FYI -- http://www.maximumpc.com/article/browser_battle_2011_who_new_king_web

nice article on the latest in the 5 major browsers

IE has come a long way from IE8 wink


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)