Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#242560 04/14/2011 12:00 AM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
L
stranger
stranger
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
well,evidently I am a moron and somehow deleted my -member_test.cgi in the members directory in my UBB6 setup that has been working since like 2003. the forum can be accessed, but I don't want to do a full reinstall (1. I don't have the files, and 2. I don't know how(i am not the original webmaster)). So basically my question is how do i recover the control panel without destroying the board and the 4000 active members accounts and pm's?














Last edited by Gizmo; 08/21/2011 3:06 PM.
Lomeli #242562 04/14/2011 12:44 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, the passwords are stored plain text, so just edit the member file of an admin user and change (or use) the password


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)