Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#242695 04/20/2011 3:45 AM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
I am currently on version 6.5.5 and I was wondering a few things about
version 7-5-6.

Will it be possible to add the new dark and lightables to the css like in
version 6 to version 7?

This is what I'm referring to:

http://anony.ws/di-OFDD.png


Here is the CSS from ver. 6:

.newlighttable {
background: #418383;
font-weight: bold;
color: #FFFFFF;
}
.newdarktable {
background: #214141;
font-weight: bold;
color: #FFFFFF;



Also, is it possible to change the icons seen in the left box on the topics
pages to something else?

Ex.

http://anony.ws/di-ZU1C.png


And, will this be able to happen in ver 8?

Thanks, CB

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
The answer to both in 7.5.6 is yes. You just have to edit the styles or download a new one. to get the alternating row color. For the icons you just need a new image and put it in /images/general/default/nonewposts.gif (and newposts.gif) Most people create a copy of /images/general/default/* and change the style to use that folder so when you do a upgrade you do not lose the custom image (like I have done twice frown )


Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
As you can see from my attachments, the UBB.threads7 style editor allows for alternating colors as well as alternating colors with alternating colors with new items.
Attachments
Back of the Web -- Control Panel -- Edit or Add a Style.png Back of the Web -- Control Panel -- Edit or Add a Style(2).png

Last edited by Gizmo; 04/20/2011 1:32 PM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
ok thanks, for I had it set up but for some reason you can't see it working when you are in the admin account. I can only see it working on my iPhone.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 225 guests, and 88 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)