Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#242762 04/22/2011 1:33 PM
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 58
R
journeyman
journeyman
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 58
How do you guys get a post to display thumbs of images in a directory, within an iframe? I know how to do iframes, I have folders uploaded with full sized images and thumbnails (same names) but need to figure out the .php code to make the thumbs display when the post is made. For example:


HTML
<center><iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" width="900" height="700" src="http://www.mysite.tld/members/forum/thumbs.php?folder=date_name"></iframe></center>

I guess I need a simple thumbs.php script that works? I have seen many online, but they always point to a single file, and I need mine to pull all the images from a folder. I have experiemented but nothing so far. Can anyone assist me?

Sorry I couldnt figure out how to make this particular post using the code tags, so that that code would appear...

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
i'd go with a nice jQuery implemenation using PrettyPhoto for the lightbox effect.

that would display your thumbs in columns ( configurable ) and rows.

then when clicked you get the full size and can cycle thru all the images

is the directory fixed with the pictures? or are they randomly updated?

are there other directories involved in other posts?

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 58
R
journeyman
journeyman
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 58
I am using some old sharware called "highslide" it has nice buttons for left/right/close, and click to show full image, but for the life of me, I can't seem to write/configure the thumbs.php file? Highslide was written to call a single file. The purpose of the postings are news and event releases with photos. I manually upload new folders inside a ongoing/updated "gallery" directory, that I have also created. I make a folder inside the new date_xxx/name_xxx folder with full size images, and one called thumbs. The .php script, needs to look for the thumbs to display them, then have the relative paths for the full images when clicked.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)