Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#242792 04/23/2011 5:58 AM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
How does one do this?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
First goto:
Control Panel » Gallery Settings
verify the settings are what you want.

Then goto:
Control Panel » Forum Settings
Select the tab at the bottom to add a new forum.
you want to enable the folloing field:

Is Gallery Forum?

You may not toggle the gallery status of a forum that has already been created.

Then you need to goto:
Control Panel » Forum Permissions
Switch to your new gallery forum.
Edit the following permissions
Total # of gallery images
Maximum size of gallery images (enter this value in bytes)


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
I did that and I set all of the permissions but it keeps saying that I've reached my maximum number of attachments. I have this set to 100 and I have never uploaded a thing.

Also, setting up the gallery as a forum is really not what I'm looking for and I dont want it to be seen in a certain category. Is there a way to set it up so that I can link to it in the nav bar and not set it in a category?

I may have to set up something like http://www.photopost.com but that service looks ancient.

Last edited by ShiftKnowledge; 04/23/2011 3:12 PM.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
The stock gallery feature is a forum.
All forums need to be in a category. They don't need to be in a different category that your other forums are in.
So I really don't have a answer on how not to display it as a forum but still be accessible from a hyperlink.

As far as you error goes.
What did you enter in:
Total # of gallery images

and
Maximum size of gallery images

Also for the maximum size setting there is a note that tells you:
Max size set in php.ini is ???
What is that value?


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
well I dont think im going to take this route because I need one gallery that works for many categories. Does anybody know of a free gallery service that will work with my bluehost server?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Okay that is up to you . Your host has a free script"Image Galleries (Coppermine and more)" that is available.
Other than that you would need to take that item up with your host when you find something you like. Just to make sure they don't have issues with what you pick.

If you want to pursue a gallery package outside of ubb then all you would do is just add a menu item to find it.



Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Thinking this a little more.
what really are you trying to do.
Maybe the terms used are the issue.
If you are just looking for a way to post a image to any post and not a gallery forum.
If that is true, that would be called a inline image here.
Which can be done.
It is considered a attachment.
And you set the file size that it is displayed when viewing a post. If the file size exceeds the setting then it becomes a link.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Its pretty easy actually...

Create a gallery forum, set its permissions to not allow people to upload.

Create numerous forums with the aforementioned gallery forum as the "parent".

All gallery forums will be forums under a central gallery forum.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
How do you "Create numerous forums with the aforementioned gallery forum as the "parent"."

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
When you make a new forum it asks what parent it's supposed to have (category), in v7 you can select other forums as the parent.



I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
Originally Posted by ShiftKnowledge
I may have to set up something like http://www.photopost.com but that service looks ancient.


They are still updating it and supporting it. I just upgraded ours to the latest version when I moved our site to Mindraven last year.


Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
do you know if you can simultaneously log in with the same passwords? I know that ti can be done there is another site that has that set up.


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
I'm certain that photopost integrates with threads (I used it at one point); in fact, their "product details" page even specifies that it integrates here


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
Originally Posted by ShiftKnowledge
do you know if you can simultaneously log in with the same passwords? I know that ti can be done there is another site that has that set up.


If you are asking about Photopost, yes it uses the UBB user database.


Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
thanks man looking into it now. Its an extra $130 bucks!


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gizmo), 511 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)