Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#242803 04/23/2011 10:15 PM
Addict
Addict
HTC Inspire.
So far, so good. I'm posting from it now!

Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
addict
addict
Sweet! I had an HTC didn't do alot of the things I was used to, so went back to my iphone and blackberry combo

Addict
Addict
I upgraded from a RAZR, so it was a pretty big step.

Steve

G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
I love my htc hero, once rooted it was a whole different phone. After two years its starting to fade a bit, lol.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
My phone takes calls and does text messages... even has bluetooth! lol; that's about all unfortunately since I can't really afford a decent one tongue

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Originally Posted by gliderdad
I love my htc hero, once rooted it was a whole different phone. After two years its starting to fade a bit, lol.

have never quite plucked up the courage to root my hero!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ian
Originally Posted by gliderdad

have never quite plucked up the courage to root my hero!

I never got the courage to unlock my iphone either though others say it is a BIG deal. yup I understand that one. tongue

Dunny

addict
addict
And now, with the HTC and the Android OS Google will be able to track your every step in a way you never expected. This has made me really re-think my upgrading to anything with that OS or Apple's iPhone, as it does the same thing.

Greg AKA Virgil Earp at the OK Corral
Tombstone, AZ
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, any phone with a GPS receiver technically should be able to do that Greg... Which would really be any phone made in the last ~5 years that costs more than $100 lol...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Thats why they call them smart phones and not dumb phones, lol.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Yeah, so I think if you want to get away from the whole "my phone is tracking me" deal with newer phones you need to get something basic like mine... Want to trade? hahah

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Nokia 2720a-2b << My little dittie lol...

Addict
Addict
Maybe I can get big bucks for my old RAZR! I don't think it will be tracking anyone...

I don't go anyplace interesting enough to be concerned with. I think Google is going to be very disappointed. laugh

Steve

veteran
veteran
Makes no difference. Your phone doesn't track you, your SIM card does (as long as it's in the phone). wink

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Well, any phone with a GPS receiver technically should be able to do that Greg... Which would really be any phone made in the last ~5 years that costs more than $100 lol...

Yes, the these new phones are not only tracking you, they are transmitting the information back to Google or Apple without your knowledge or consent. So, they don't even have to have your physical phone to see where you've been. The Michigan State Police are in trouble for using a device to instantly pull this information from your phone on a traffic stop. This is a huge invasion of your privacy.

Tombstone, AZ
addict
addict
Originally Posted by SteveS
Maybe I can get big bucks for my old RAZR! I don't think it will be tracking anyone...

I don't go anyplace interesting enough to be concerned with. I think Google is going to be very disappointed. laugh

Perhaps, but what about your credit companies, your bank, your congressman? Your insurance company buys this information, yes they do sell it, and see that you're driving way over your disclosed number of miles each year and they then use this information to raise your rates? There are so many ways this information can be abused against you I've hardly scratched the surface.

Tombstone, AZ
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Yeah, so I think if you want to get away from the whole "my phone is tracking me" deal with newer phones you need to get something basic like mine... Want to trade? hahah

This made me change my mind about upgrading to one when my contract expires.

Tombstone, AZ
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
If you think the phone is bad, transmitting anything over the internet is just as bad. Walking the streets in a city your picture is taken and scanned many times and info pulled up.

Facebook is gobbling up just about as much as apple or android and you can opt out of allowing the data to android and hopefully they honor that.

A guy used my tracks from google to prove he was not speeding while in court after he was pulled over and ticketed for speeding, and the ticket was more than 5-10 over and won. It works both ways.

This is the new age/digital world that everyone wanted and its only gona get worse till the computer take over, lol.

addict
addict
I didn't want it and was perfectly happy the way it was. We actually had privacy then, not like today. As far as Facebook, I keep everything hidden that I can and check it often as they are prone to changing your settings on you, so if you don't stay aware, you're opening yourself to a lot of grief.

Tombstone, AZ
I just got the HTC inspire 2 months ago. And the only big issue I have with it is there is not a belt holster for it.
Just a slip on hard case.
But for old eyes, it is the biggest screen I have seen in years.
Bigger than the iphone.
I have not played with the widgets much.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Addict
Addict
Ruben, I looked at cases with belt hooks at Best Buy. I don't remember who made them.

Steve

Okay. When I bought it they were not available.
I will look again.
Maybe they are now.

Blue Man Group
Addict
Addict
Well, you probably got your phone when they were "cutting edge." Now they are practically obsolete. laugh

I finally bought a case at the AT&T store. It was the only case I found that protected the camera lens. The damned thing cost about $35, though.

Steve

Yep, About the same price here.
It was just that it was a hard case. Nothing to be able to clip it to your belt.

Blue Man Group

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Havenofsobriety, rootman), 624 guests, and 106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29