Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#242934 04/28/2011 2:44 AM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
I need to make something that looks exactly like this:

[Linked Image from anony.ws]

How is this achieved?


Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
I think you'll need to edit forum.tpl


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
Originally Posted by Gizmo
I think you'll need to edit forum.tpl


[Linked Image from forum.surfermag.com]

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
it's actually in libs/functions_forums.inc.php

rather than adding a comma after each sub-forum, you'd add a <br /> there ( around line 366 ).. just a small tweak there

then it would be formatted vertically like the screenie

2c

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 148
And where do you enter or make all of the subforums?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
When you're making a new forum it asks what category or forum you wish to attach it to; select another forum and the new forum will be a "sub forum"


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
The setting is actually in :
Control Panel » Forum Settings
Select Details:
edit:
Parent:
If you choose a forum as the parent, this forum will be made a subforum.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
it's in both, actually

both when you create new or edit existing wink


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gizmo), 511 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)