Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Hello,

Not sure if this is related but the hosting company just moved the site from one account to another and there were some DB issues that we thought were cleared up. Now when uses go to advanced search they just get a blank page, same for admins and mods as well.

Thanks,
Joe

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Could be a few things, but normally the most common thing when a site is moved is some sort of cache/permission issue. First thing I'd do is from the control panel, run the permission check tool on the lower part of the cp menu.

If it's still an issue, delete everything inside the templates/compile directory and see if that clears it up.

J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Thanks Rick. The perms check was fine, deleted the files in the compile directory fixed it.

Again thanks for the quick reply.

Joe

Rick, I am having this problem right now too. I did just move the site to a new server. We can use the quick search but not the advanced search, it effects everyone, users, admin, etc.

I am using forum version 7.5.3 and I don't see the run permission check tool in the lower part of the cp menu.

I was a bit worried about deleting all the files in the templates/compile directory. There is even and index.html file in there. Can it cause any problems to remove any of these files?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
4 members (Nightcrawler, Outdoorking, Ruben, 1 invisible), 872 guests, and 274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29