Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
I made some changes to the Breadcrumb to better reflect my board. I now notice that if you are ANONYMOUS the linking in the Breadcrumb bar does NOT appear? (The original links which were replaced were the 'User List' & 'Calendar?)

Any suggestions what I did wrong or have to do?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
When removing the user list and calendar did you include their if/else code?
Code
{if $user_list}
<a href="{ubb url="ubb=showmembers"}">{$lang.USER_LIST}</a> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
{/if}
{if $config.CALENDAR}
<a href="{ubb url="ubb=calendar"}">{$lang.CALENDAR}</a> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
{/if}

IIRC the userlist and calendar are restricted to guests, and if the if/else code remains and your new links exist within them they would be hidden from guests as well.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
Thanks for your reply...actually I figured it it out. It was a permissions issue. I did not give guests permission to see the user list. Once I gave them permissions it worked. Thank you again

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, if that's the case, you could have just put your new code after the userlist if/if code and before the calendars (so long as it's not between the if lines basically); then it'd be viewable to guests.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)