Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#243376 05/21/2011 9:21 AM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
stranger
stranger
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
Now that the web standard is moving to 300 pix wide right column, how do i do it in ubb

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 186
member
member
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 186
In html.inc.php change the 2 instances of

$right_width="15%";

to

$right_width="300";

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
stranger
stranger
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
Thanks Chosen

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
stranger
stranger
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
Thanks for answering my question yesterday. I am not sure where to find html.inc.php so I can make the change. I am using ubb 7.1

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
libs/html.inc.php

you could also have modified the templates _instead_ to ignore those widths and hardwire the value you want

templates/default/left_column.tpl
templates/default/right_column.tpl

2c

Linky Poo to a blog article i wrote that touches on these files..

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
stranger
stranger
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
This is what I did but it never change the column width. Did I miss something?

{* Script Version 7.1 *}


{if $config.$side_column == 1}
</td>
<td width="300" valign="top" class="right_col">
{$island_data}
{/if}

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Did you clear the cache?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
stranger
stranger
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 10
Just did but nothing happened. Thanks for everyone for trying to help


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)