Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#244079 06/27/2011 7:21 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'm trying to bounce back to modding after my dev machine and laptop crapped out in the same month, so I'm down to over taxing my pc to get work done lol (at least until I can make money fall from the sky, or business picks up)...

I'm working on a mod using the Open Source (BSD License) Javascript from Greywyvern.com to bring a virtual keyboard to the UBB; it's a pretty small library and comes with a variety of non-english keyboard settings. A demo can be seen here.

For the default parts of the mod (once published on UBBDev) I plan to have the keyboard displayed on the login page, new posts page, and the poll page; with instructions on how to add it to other pages (and every instance you could think of) that's just a simple find/replace (really, all you do is add a new class to the input boxes css class listing).

I'm hoping to have the time to push it out by the end of the week for anyone interested.

What pages of the UBB would you like to see it on? Do you think you'd use it?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #244083 06/27/2011 10:34 PM
addict
addict
I am interested in it especially for a sign in page as actually an alternative to typing info in... maybe as an extra spammer bot security option?

Polls definite place for a virtual keyboard, Login page, new posts (as an optional) just thoughts on it. I would try it out and let you know what some people think of it. I would even help with a little cash front to help out with the other parts of your posts.

Dunny

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
:snicker: donations always welcome tongue.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 694 guests, and 214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29