Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2436 08/08/2006 9:12 PM
After getting through the main Install I tried to start the Setup Wizard and got the following messages:

Notice: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI in C:\Inetpub\forums\libs\admin.inc.php on line 286

Notice: Undefined variable: code in C:\Inetpub\forums\libs\admin.inc.php on line 215

The next screen was the:
The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

I am running Windows Server 2003 Web Edition with PHP 5.1.4 and Mysql 4.1.21. Can you suggest where to look to see why the Wizard is not working. Also I am looking to first get a clean install working and then later looking to convert from UBB.classicâ„¢ 6.7.2.

The machine is currently local only.

guod@simhq [dot] com

twitter.com/SimHQ
youtube.com/SimHQcom
livestream.com/SimHQ
setup wizard?

i used install/install.php

Have you read the install doc about file permissions?
As there is a bit about windows file permissions.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
This is the step after you delete the \Install directory in the install doc. I set all the permissions per the install doc and even set them all full access but the problem has not changed. Everything worked fine until I got to the section titled "Using the Setup Wizard".

guod@simhq [dot] com

twitter.com/SimHQ
youtube.com/SimHQcom
livestream.com/SimHQ
R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R Offline
The Setup Wizard is a new item which you can run the first install to set some basic options without having to rummage around 3 or 4 config screens.

Be sure you uploaded /admin/wizard.php

That is when I get the error messages about when I execute the /admin/wizard.php file. The explanations of the error messages I have seen on the web are saying that the code is in error and needs to be changed. I would not think that this code would not be working if the messages here are an indication. I expect it is something in the PHP that is not right. Let me know if there are settings beyond the default install needed to make this work.

guod@simhq [dot] com

twitter.com/SimHQ
youtube.com/SimHQcom
livestream.com/SimHQ
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I'll need to do a bit of testing to see if I can isolate what might be causing this as soon as I get a chance.

Any luck with this Rick? TIA.

guod@simhq [dot] com

twitter.com/SimHQ
youtube.com/SimHQcom
livestream.com/SimHQ
I can get a little farther but it seems to be the setup of the site in IIS 6 that seems to be the problem. If I go through the Install completely and let it call the wizard it seems to go ok but if I go back and try to get into it directly I get the same error message. Is there a place where the setup for IIS is described for Threads?

guod@simhq [dot] com

twitter.com/SimHQ
youtube.com/SimHQcom
livestream.com/SimHQ

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29