Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
H
stranger
stranger
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
It was brought to my attention that users were getting an error when changing anything on their profiles. I went and checked, and it came up for me.

The error is: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in keepersboards/cache_builders/custom/portal_box_2.php on line 11

I checked that file, it had nothing but the basic stuff in there. Any idea where else I should look?

Last edited by Hawkee; 09/30/2011 4:43 PM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Well, it's saying that something is wrong with the portal_box_2 file; could you paste us the contents of custom island #2?


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
H
stranger
stranger
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
The url is: http://cghunter.com/keepersboards

Here is the code:

Code
/* PHP CODE HERE */

/* BODY HERE */
$body = <<<EOF
<a href="http://lotro.com/">LOTRO</a><br />
<a href="http://forums.lotro.com">LOTRO Forums</a><br />
<a href="http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Lorebook_home">LoreBook</a><br />
<a href="http://www.cghunter.com/keepers">Keepers Home</a><br />
EOF;?>
?>

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
H
stranger
stranger
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5
Nevermind, now that I pasted it.. I see one possible bad part..

Where it shows ubbwiki is supposed to just be wi-ki (minues the - ) ..At least that is how it shows on my file.

Last edited by Hawkee; 09/30/2011 6:57 PM.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
No, Wi-ki is autotext.

The problem looks like the format; when you're in the editor the stock island looks like:
Code
/* PHP CODE HERE, IF NECESSARY */

/* DO NOT CHANGE THE LINE BELOW */
$body = <<<EOF
EOF;
/* DO NOT CHANGE THE LINE ABOVE */

Yours has significant data after "EOF;" (possibly someone tried editing its file directly, or copied data elsewhere), just update the editor screen with he proper data and you should be fine.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by Hawkee
The url is: http://cghunter.com/keepersboards

Here is the code:

Code
/* PHP CODE HERE */

/* BODY HERE */
$body = <<<EOF
<a href="http://lotro.com/">LOTRO</a><br />
<a href="http://forums.lotro.com">LOTRO Forums</a><br />
<a href="http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Lorebook_home">LoreBook</a><br />
<a href="http://www.cghunter.com/keepers">Keepers Home</a><br />
EOF;?>
?>
It looks like you added php end tags which is incorrect.

Should be more like:
Quote
/* PHP CODE HERE */

/* BODY HERE */
$body = <<<EOF
<a href="http://lotro.com/">LOTRO</a><br />
<a href="http://forums.lotro.com">LOTRO Forums</a><br />
<a href="http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Lorebook_home">LoreBook</a><br />
<a href="http://www.cghunter.com/keepers">Keepers Home</a><br />
EOF;
Note the ?>
?> is removed after the eof.

FYI, you can visit http://www.ubbwiki.com/wiki/view/79/custom-islands.html
For hints on using custom islands.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gizmo), 511 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)