Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#246342 10/17/2011 2:22 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I've seen in the past that several of you use FlashChat and decided to buy a $5 license myself to play with it.

It says it's designed to work with UBB.Threads in an integration; well, it says it can't find my config file during install, so I emailed the owner, like a week ago, no response. Tried emailing him numerous times since then, no response.

So I post on a thread that another UBBer started months ago on their "support forum" which had, no helpful response. Then last night I posted "So what, this Darrin guy has no problem taking our money, but refuses to do any type of support? I just want this thing to install" and I finally get an email! But, it was from the forums, saying I have a "warning" for "harassing" another member... Evidently saying I want this trash script to work is against their terms of service...

So here it is for you all, FlashChat and it's "support" is a joke... And this isn't the first script I've bought from the place either, I've owned The Ultimate Family Tree (the script his domain name is based around) for eons (at least 6 years); I won't be going back.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
Excuse me, sir; but I believe you've already been warned once for harassment. wink

G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Gizzy don't stop unless its sexual harassment! Even then it's questionable if he will stop tongue jkjk

Gizmo #246362 10/17/2011 10:40 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Hush Eddie, you said it made you feel special wink... lol...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #246363 10/17/2011 10:40 PM
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
But you never called me the next day! lol

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by gliderdad
But you never called me the next day! lol
3 day rule...

D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Originally Posted by Gizmo
So here it is for you all, FlashChat and it's "support" is a joke... And this isn't the first script I've bought from the place either, I've owned The Ultimate Family Tree (the script his domain name is based around) for eons (at least 6 years); I won't be going back.

I've just been over there for a look-see and it appears quite a few UBBers are using it/ having difficulties with it.

Has anyone gotten it working?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I haven't, and I tried emailing "Darrin" like 5 times now and no response; it's to the point now that I just sent a request in to PayPal about a refund (It's $5, but it's the principle; ANY script I produce I support, yet this guy can't even be bothered to blow smoke up my keister).

D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
It's $5, but it's the principle
I completely agree with you.

...and being as there is no smoke without fire if other unsatisfied customers did the same, Paypal may react and Darrin would need to support his scripts.

G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
yet this guy can't even be bothered to blow smoke up my keister

Told ya he liked sexual harassment!!

Gizmo #246377 10/19/2011 12:21 AM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
[Linked Image from site.bestsafetyapparel.com]

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by gliderdad
Told ya he liked sexual harassment!!
Only from you eddie...

Originally Posted by David Dreezer
[Linked Image from site.bestsafetyapparel.com]
I knew someone was taking pictures of me as I hid in the bushes...

Gizmo #246382 10/19/2011 12:25 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I am one of the Flash Chat users and have it integrated with my forums. I did have issues installing and integrating after UBB 7 came out. There is a "fix" for it but my memory fails me at this present time. I'll see If I can dig up my notes in the next few days.

THis is a shame. I think it works well and would love to see some support from them but I recall having the same experience as you Giz.

Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
i have it working on a forum (trapperman.com)

took some finessing, but got it to work...

Addict
Addict
I run an older version of Flashchat, with some long forgotten tweaks. I could not get a newer version to work, and got no support from the people there.

Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
As others have said, it used to be compatible at one point. I have been using it on my site for more than 5 years.

While this doesn't help you Giz, you can download a fully functional version for free. The $5 gets you the source files.

Darren got Pavel to work on the project but he left over a year ago. Since then it has been dead.

Anyone know of any good alternatives? I have tried a few over the years but it seems that everything affordable ends up with the developers disappearing at some point.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by SteveS
I run an older version of Flashchat, with some long forgotten tweaks. I could not get a newer version to work, and got no support from the people there.
I actually got told that if I'm not going to be productive to not post... And even got an infraction for saying "So what, this Darrin guy has no problem taking my money, but has a problem with even acknowledging that I've bought his script and providing any level of support?"...

Yeah, that's how you run a business, take their cash and tell them to eff off lol...

Originally Posted by Chosen
Anyone know of any good alternatives? I have tried a few over the years but it seems that everything affordable ends up with the developers disappearing at some point.
I still really love IRC servers; their free, you have full control over your channels; the problem lies in the fact that you may not end up with the nickname you want... But there are thousands upon thousands of free servers to use, and my pJIRC addon over @ ubbdev should still work with it without any problems...

Veteran
Veteran
Ok Gizmo. I will stop using FalshChat and disconnect it from my UBB Threads forum cus they mad you mad and gave you a warning on their site.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Wasn't saying that, I was saying for the NEW users who are LOOKING AT NEW options to not bother, as it won't work for them...

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29