Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#246389 10/19/2011 6:10 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
Our site is hosted on a VM server at Webintellects. About twice a month it goes down (is unavailable) until we discover it and reboot the server.

A while back one of the techs said that it might be a memory leak caused by UBB.

How would I go about troubleshooting that?


--BIll B
Bill B #246392 10/19/2011 8:44 PM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 103
R
member
member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 103

Do you use cPanel?

And yeah, I heard all that stuff before and it was bogus. Hosting companies want to blame anything but themselves. It is a struggle sometimes.

VM means virtual?

Larry

Bill B #246393 10/19/2011 8:51 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
Yes, we are on a Virtual server. With Guaranteed space, CPU, etc. But... it's still running under a "virtual" OS, so that's what appears to lock up. If I log in and reboot, then it's good for 2 or 3 weeks.


--BIll B
Bill B #246394 10/19/2011 9:10 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
ubb isn't causing a memory leak smile

Bill B #246397 10/19/2011 11:00 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I highly doubt a PHP script (UBB.threads) is "causing" any sort of issues


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Bill B #246401 10/20/2011 12:31 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
Okay, thanks... I'll post a ticket with Webintellects.


--BIll B

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 304 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)