Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#246552 11/03/2011 7:38 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
Few changes/fixes I would like to see in new version

1. When highlighting text when editing to make the content BOLD, as of now after bold is done the software puts the cursor back to the very start of the content and you then have to find/scroll down to where you were. If multi changes like this then each time your forced again to top.

2. LOG data to include the TCP/IP address, Night time is a war zone I see a ton of hackers, Russia, asia, etc and would like to see what the address is so I can deny the address.

3. Have a icon to show when a video is attached

4. When embedding video that the video or images are auto centered.

5. Need a better way when using tags like code or HTML to properly adjust the content window width.

6. When clicking on like File manager the popup screen is all over the place, most times then have to move and resize it to be more useable on screen


JR
Team ZR-1 Corvette Racer's
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
#4 won't happen via stock; in fact, the original custom code that I generated for inclusion in threads was centered; it was deemed that if a user wanted it centered they'd use the [center] ubbcode tag. You could just edit the custom tag in the control panel to auto center however.

I believe #6 will be handled when v7 is out the door as the entire ui will be rebuilt.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 286
Can you expand on #4 as images that are from "file manager" become Attachments so there is no way for user to center correct as images are forced to far left

What file or content would I have to change for images via file manager or embedding youtube video to auto center

I understand how to add a center /center tag to correct for embed video but most users do not and no access to center a attachment image

Thanks


JR
Team ZR-1 Corvette Racer's
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, on #4 I was focusing on "auto center", just go to the Custom Tag Editor in the control panel and edit the video tags, throw center tags around the embed code and wala, every time a video is posted it'll be centered.

As for images posted via file manager, to be honest I never upload images at all so I'm not really sure on the behavior... At one point I believe that once uploaded it'd be auto embedded as long as it was below a certain size, but I'm not sure of the limit offhand (or a setting).



I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)