Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 180
T
member
member
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 180
Legal liability? Libel? Slander? Copying material?

First question: It's my understanding that if I(we) take over the forum with owner's permission and roll it in to a new forum then the property rightfully belongs to us.

Meaning that any disgruntled members of the old forum can't turn around and say "you can't sell all my fantastic posts to "tacks" and his crowd!!! He is an XXXhole!!! The posts are righfully mine! I'll sue!"

[seems kinda silly but we have some silly people in our fourm, i'm embarrassed to go in to details]

Second Question: We already have a decent disclaimer on there. But what kind of legal liability, if any, need us new owners be concerned with?

Provided we continue to refrain from posting full names, personal details and copyrighted information I think we don't really have anything to worry about. Am i right?

Thanks again

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well honestly, by posting on a forum you're granting usage rights to the site's owner... Just get a good terms of service and require them to agree to it on login through the board rules.



I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 180
T
member
member
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 180
Thanks Gizmo.

I would think the answer was something like that. Just didn't know the words as how to phrase it.

And i had forgotten about requiring new members to sign off on "board rules." thanks again


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)