Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#246692 11/09/2011 5:52 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 15
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 15
Hey Everyone,

I know this should be pretty easy, but I am trying to figure out how to merge the contents of two forums into one message system. I don't see a dump routine anywhere in the control panel. Am I missing something?

Also, is it possible to create a photo enabled gallery and then dump the contents of a non-photo enabled gallery into it? Thereby creating a forum where this is allowed but not losing any old data?

Thanks!
James

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Under database tools there's a backup tab, that will export data for you.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 15
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 15
Thanks. This is going to seem like a silly question - how do I figure out which directory I need to dump from? i.e. it is not as simple as saying, "move topics from x to y."

Thanks
James

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 15
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 15
Not sure if it is inappropriate to bump a question or not. I am ignorant about this and don't want to muck with the tables unless I know exactly what I am doing...

James

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Near as i can tell what you are attempting to do is not a supported feature.
So ask away.

FYI, Trying to merge two mysql databases is a big hurdle to overcome.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
You could hire someone to do it. I know it has been done before.
Sirdude and Gizmo come to mind.
It is not a simple grab a table and import it.

Probably why nobody has replied to this post due to the difficulty factor.



Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
yup -- it is not easy

needs an expert wink

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I've been begging for a Threads -> Threads importer since 7.0 was in the works :/


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #246962 11/20/2011 2:48 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 15
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 15
Ahh..well, that is absolutely inane that a forum would not have this as a built in feature. Add that to my list of musts for V8.

James


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)