Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#247113 12/04/2011 6:46 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 33
newbie
newbie
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 33
Can anyone tell me the best chat program i can intergrate with this software.


Cheers

Kelvin #247114 12/04/2011 8:21 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I'd say pJIRC; there is a modification at UBBDev here.

FlashChat no longer works with UBB versions newer than ~7.4 without having to manually modify files to work.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Kelvin #247116 12/05/2011 10:45 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 33
newbie
newbie
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 33
I have been looking at the Prochat Software i am not sure if they do a intergrated version but i was thinking of creating a sub domain for it will it work as a sub domain.


regards

Kelvin #247123 12/06/2011 12:21 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
We use http://www.addonchat.com/ right now we are using the free version, but the paid version gives you a little more control over the features. It logs the users in with their board ID's. We have it wrapped in the message board and as a island on the right to show who is in the chat room. If you need help combining it let me know and I can try to help.


Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."
Kelvin #247126 12/06/2011 6:30 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
addict
addict
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
I use Gizmo's mod (since I have a private IRC server) and does similar using board IDs. I think the live chat feature is important, especially since I can answer questions there about the forums as well as tech support for the game we run.

Dunny


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)