Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 98
V
Journeyman
Journeyman
V Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 98
How can I limit how often a person starts a new topic without limiting how often they can REPLY to a topic?

I see the MINIMUM TIME BETWEEN POSTS setting but that also affects how often someone can REPLY.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I am not aware of this feature in stock code.
So it would a a modification.
I have not looked over at ubbdev but I don't recall a mod there either.

Thinking about the feature it may not be so simple to impliment.
Could probably piggyback on the existing permission of replies and have a hardcoded reply time only.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 45
M
mig Offline
newbie
newbie
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 45
Depending on what you are aiming to accomplish...

If the aim was to prevent relatively new members from starting new topics while allowing them to post replies -- you could accomplish that by setting up a separate user group for newbies and give them restricted forums permissions for 'creating new topics'. Once they reached >x number of reply-posts, they could be bumped into a regular user group.

Although not the time limit you were looking for, I thought it might be semi-useful concept in considering options.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 427 guests, and 119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)