Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
M Offline
Folks. (ahdratlk, please to not take offense. Your posting is just the proverbial "straw".)

This is NOT the place to discuss issues with your hosting company.

Please... Enough talk of troubles with your host in these forums. These forums are to discuss topics related to the product UBB Threads.

The place to bring up host troubles is on their support forums (if they have them), or through their customer support (if they have that). Seemingly, some do not.

If I have trouble with my host, I do not post about it here. I bring it up with my host. What does anyone expect this community to do for them?

Considering the issues so many are experiencing with the host in question, it is a total wonder to me that anyone is still with them. Write off the loss and move on.

I cannot tell "UBBSystems" how to moderate their forums, but I'd of been deleting these topics on sight long ago.

For me? I am waiting for the promised (or at least alluded to grin ) St.Valentine's Day Massacre beta release. cool

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
+1 to what Mike said...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well part of the problem is that Mindraven and UBB used to be the same, and there are a bunch of us here that went with Mindraven because of that. I am the one that started this post originally because I knew that others might be having the same issue and I wanted to make sure it was not just me having issues....

This is also a community of Message board owners and I think we all should be making each other aware of issues with hosts and the software.

That being said if anyone wants to delete this post, I guess go ahead...

Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Mike and Gizmo:

There are a bunch of us sitting here in the dark, wondering what is going on with our servers. We cannot contact our hosting service since their site is ALSO down.

We all run UBB Threads software on our sites, so it would seem like this is the logical place to compare notes on the problem, since there is no other place to connect. I do hope that continuing this conversation in this single thread does not inconvenience the rest of the good people here.

It's not like we are spamming the entire community. Can you just ignore this one thread?

...and for that matter, I think iWeb is a pretty big hosting service, and somehow their entire DNS system was corrupted by some event. I have a hunch it is the hacker who has been causing Mindraven trouble these past several months. Who can say the hackers won't target THIS or somebody else's server in the near future. I would think some site admins might be interested in the events and experiences of the few of us here.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, it's not so much the one thread; we've had quite a few threads about mindraven issues that end up getting locked and people referred here...

You'd think that MindRaven would take the time to get their head straight, have secondary support options, perhaps even their own site operated off of a different server in case your stuff is down they can still be contacted.

That being said, anyone have number(s) for MindRaven?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
> That being said, anyone have number(s) for MindRaven?

Iann128 does:
Originally Posted by Iann128, Jan 13.
... But thanks to Israel I now have a cell number to contact Mindraven if this happens again.
Iann, maybe it's time to call Israel and see if you or he can post an update.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The admin contact for mindraven.com lists this as a number for themselves: 1.3606123160

Anyone give it a shot?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Steve C
> That being said, anyone have number(s) for MindRaven?

Iann128 does:
Originally Posted by Iann128, Jan 13.
... But thanks to Israel I now have a cell number to contact Mindraven if this happens again.
Iann, maybe it's time to call Israel and see if you or he can post an update.

The last text I have from him at 5:15PM Central time said
90%of domains are up, they have again problem for link 10% of domains to the network. This shoud be fixed tonight.

Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."
old hand
old hand
I for one appreciate that UBBCENTRAL let this thread stand. Many of us had no where else to go to get any kind of update. Even Mindraven's email was down as the whole server farm shut down.

For reasons I have not been able to get a suitable explanation for, one of my sites that I needed up urgently for a interview on a World Wide Satellite Network came up in time for the interview.

I have the story here, if someone could give a good technical reason why this one site came up I would appreciate hearing it

The story is here.
http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbt...I_found_this_fascinating.html#Post522158

The rest of the sites did not show for a number of hours.

http://clubadventist.com/forums

No longer following the carrot
Mindraven will own their own server for host mindraven site. Mail server down without the possibilities to our customers to contact us will be past for soon.

ETA: 10 days.

Thank you for continuing support us. Yes is it right we have get some difficulties since the purchase of mindraven but we work hard to change that.

Official ETA for our new infrastructures : 20 days

Note: A brand new infrastructure for the mindraven hosting company coming soon.. with our own cluster system to stop downtime pending transfer and our own load balancer to split the charge between the servers. With this, a brand new hosting company will born !

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29