Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#248857 04/06/2012 10:33 AM
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
I have private forum I'd like for only the men to access. Is there a way to set this up? I also have another one that I'd like to be for "teens only." Again, can I make it private for just teens? If so, how?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Well it is simple and not.
You need to understand the settings/group structure to begin with.
You could review the ubbwiki for groups and permissions.
But basicly you would greate a group for those special forums.
Then edit the forum permissions and allow that group to view/post etc.
But then you need to add the member to the group.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
I anticipated an answer like that! LOL laugh Thankfully, my Dh's a programmer, so I'll just pass the info. along to him. wink Thank you so much!

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Well. There is a automated feature for forum access based on number of posts.
But for access to specific forums it would end up being a manual process to allow access in your case.
Same kinda goes for under age.
There is a setting to limit access per age limit. But not per forum.
So that would be a manual intervention again.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)