Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Hi, all

Finally decided to update my family's UBB forum (UBB Classic) from 6.7.1 to 7. I read documentation that said I needed to update to 6.7.3 before making the leap to the latest version.

I reviewed the installation documentation that came with 6.7.3 and it said to use an upgrade version instead of a full version, however all I had was the full version. So, I left all of the 6.7.1 files on the server and uploaded the new 6.7.3 files to overwrite the older files.

The 6.7.3 admin interface loads just fine and all paths are set. Predictably, however, all of the topics of my forum are missing. Is there any way to restore them before I attempt to further upgrade to 7?

Thanks for any help you might provide.

John

I think for that old version of classic it is what is called a import.
Meaning that you would create a new folder structure. then tell the script where your old posts are.
It should leave your old forum intact and import your existing data to the new location.
So my thinking is you need to undo what you did to it while upgrading.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You should be able to upgrade from anywhere in 6.7 and it doesn't really require a fully functioning board since I believe it just reads the configuration files in place and does the importer; so I'd take and install v7 to the area that you import (just before you create an admin user I believe) and then run the importer and check on it. I'm sure it should run fun (so long as the classic install exists currently).

My only idea as to why the classic upgrade could be nerfed is if you overwrote one of the vars_ files.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Thanks for your advice, guys. I will give it a shot and report back with results.

J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Hi, guys

Just wanted you to know that I took both of your suggestions and it worked fantastic!

I re-uploaded my 6.7.1 files to overwrite the new 6.7.3 files. Then I installed the latest version (7.5.6p2) in a different directory and ran the import file. Went very smoothly and all posts have been restored!

Thanks for your help!

John

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 875 guests, and 141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29