Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
Is it possible to make an item on the Portal static, i.e., it does not move as new items are added?

Perhaps a little more information might help explain what I am wanting to do. I have a dedicated forum where newly added items to my website are announced. When a new thread is created it appears at the top of the center column of the Portal as is the case with 4 other forums and their new threads; a total of 5 forums are displayed. However, when someone creates a new thread in any of the other 4 forums, it automatically appears at the top thus moving the other 4 islands? down.

So, what I am wanting is to keep the "What's New" information at the top; static and not be moved down the list as is the case now.


Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Not really; though it'd be kind of cool if the item was stickied in the source forum that it'd be static on the portal...

What I tend to do is just edit portal.tpl and add whatever static content I want to be there.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 245
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Not really; though it'd be kind of cool if the item was stickied in the source forum that it'd be static on the portal...
I had a sinking feeling that would be the case. I agree with your suggestion and it would be a nice addition to have as an option.


Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)