Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1
Hiya, I hope someone can help with this. It really freaked me out.

I'm running UBB 7.5.6p2 and somehow got some malware injected onto my forum. There was a string in the header "<script src=http://forums.weddingbells.ca>" and also something about yes51.com. It went in in the config.inc.php file. it appeare in the header of all pages in the forum.

I deleted it and that seemed to fix it but then I noticed all my adsense publisher ids had been changed!

I changed 'em back so hopefully all good.

A couple of questions. How could that malware get injected in the first place?

Could it also change the Adsense IDs? That seems really sneaky.

How do I investigate closing the exploit - whatever it is?

Cheers in advance!

Will


Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
It could be just that you were hacked prior to your upgrade to the security patch.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)