Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#249468 06/08/2012 3:33 PM
Stranger
Stranger
Hi Folks. In the vernacular of motorcyclist, I am a complete newbie to the Administrative side of the ubb software v6.5.5

History:
John Bedard R.I.P. had the foresight to provide the keys to our little kingdom should he meet his demise. John lost his life in Anaheim CA Tuesday June 5, 2012. Here three of us find ourselves heartbroken and wholly depressed, opening that which we NEVER thought we would have to do...trying to take over John's work.

Problem: Yeah I know, what may be a problem to me is most likely child's play to y'all! I digress...

The old Admistrator, Robert Wade, transfered ownership and such to John Bedard. Robert had a user name or Robert .

Robert's user name does not appear in the Member management section using any manner of searches. Yet when I exist UBB and try to register as a new user, (sorry about the interplay between member and user), the software says 'Robert' is already in use. I did manage to register as a new member and when I got the confirmation email, it was a reply from Robert! Robert has a member number: 2. I searched for him on member number to no avail. I dumped the cache, to no avail.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction? (I promise Ill leave the html programming questions for later wink )

I'm trying to reactivate Robert's account.

Update: I can see Robert in the user list. I cannot see Robert in the Control Panel Member Management screen so as to enter his correct email address to he can request, from his side, a new password.

Last edited by moebacom; 06/08/2012 4:10 PM.
Well I don't know much about v6.5.5 .
I can only assume it is threads not classic since he was member 2.
But try a search for all members.
Robert could be a display or login name they are two different fields.
also you could search for the email address you got from the validation email.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Ruben #249472 06/08/2012 5:02 PM
Stranger
Stranger
Threads..Yes.

Here is what I see in the user list. I cannot find Robert using the control panel menus.

journeyman
journeyman
Hej

As far as I remember, user nr. 2 is the 'superadmin' in ubb 6 and is therefore invisible in CP, but you can move Robert by giving him another usernumber through phpmyadmin or by running a SQL command, and after that, insert yourselves as the superadmin.

Users are stored in the MYSQL table w3t_USERS. I cant remember the names of the columns.

trosfrihed.dk
Custom Ubb 7.5.2
addict
addict
If you change his number DO NOT FORGET to set the name ADMINISTRATOR to Number 2 since all the emails the board generates will come from that user..as well as a lot of other things.

Dunny #249808 08/02/2012 2:36 PM
Stranger
Stranger
This reply is a bit late in coming...

I was able to find Robert using the CP. How?

I went to the Control Panel » Member Management section.
Entered a known user name. Clicking on that user's name I observed the browser address:

forums/admin/showuser.php?uid=52

Then I changed 52 to 1 and so forth until Robert came up. As mentioned earlier, Robert was/is member number 2. I left his Number as 2, but changed his permission to user.

I really don't fathom what Dunny wrote,
If you change his number DO NOT FORGET to set the name ADMINISTRATOR to Number 2 since all the emails the board generates will come from that user..as well as a lot of other things

You see the problem I am having in doing some pertinent research is that I cannot log into the members section. I have the UBB license and PW info, but the License needs to released (or transferred) by the current holder? I guess the GoodFriar (John Bedard, R.I.P.) overlooked that one! We have been digging in one of his email accounts too.

The general forums, per my understanding, is an area where the peripheral issues are discussed, not specific issues like, well that is another thread. facepalm

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29