Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Good Morning...

Over the weekend we moved our threads board to a new Linux box to deal with the out of disk space discussed here last week.
All went very well...we moved the currently used version 6.1.1 to a new install of 6.1.1 (heeding the advice to not upgrade at the same time as a transfer) and we will run that for a week and then upgrade to latest/greatest.
We have one known issue at this time and it's really not a big deal but I thought I'd post it just to see what's up.
If we open the "edit user profile" screen of a newly registered user who has been approved, but not yet added to a group, all is functional but we get a mysql error as shown at the end of this post.
Searching the knowledge base here, Josh has posted various fixes around the same theme, namely to run the query below
---
REPAIR TABLE
w3t_whatevertable
---
So, am I dealing with some table corruption here or just a "less than graceful" handling of a db query?

Thanks
Steve

Here's the Error

SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT Bo_Title,Bo_Keyword,Bo_Cat FROM w3t_Boards WHERE () ORDER BY Bo_Title
You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') ORDER BY Bo_Title ' at line 4Subscription status for the forums this user has access to.
(S - Subscribe ; U - Unsubscribe)

Board S U Board S U

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/force/ubbthreads/mysql.inc.php on line 121

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It looks like maybe the U_Groups field isn't there for this particular user. Can you run the following query for that user and report what you get back?

SELECT U_Groups FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Username='username'

-------------------
Rick Baker
UBBThreads developer

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gizmo, Baldeagle, Ruben, 1 invisible), 779 guests, and 156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29