Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#249629 07/06/2012 9:50 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Any idea why the Google spiders would spend an inordinate amount of time doing their thing in the calendar on my new site? I welcome any spider activity at this point, but I have yet to see Google anywhere but the calendar. Other spiders have searched the good stuff, but not Google. What's up with that?

I definitely need more spider activity...



Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
SteveS #249630 07/07/2012 1:42 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
It gets stuck, because the URLs never cease (think, it clicks next page into oblivion).

Block it in your robots.txt with:
Code
User-agent: *
Crawl-Delay: 3
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=calendar
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/calendar
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showday
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showday
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showprofile
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showmembers
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showmembers
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=online
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/online
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=search
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/search
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=faq
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/faq
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=viewprivacy
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/viewprivacy
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=mycookies
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/mycookies
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=markallread
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/markallread
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newuser
Disallow: /forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/newuser


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SteveS #249644 07/08/2012 10:11 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Sadly, it seems to be ignoring the robots.txt file.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
SteveS #249649 07/08/2012 3:39 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
It's not an immediate change, they check it every so often to eliminate mass hits on the file; give it a week and you should see things go back to where they should be...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SteveS #249655 07/09/2012 11:39 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Mr. Google is obeying now.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!
SteveS #249683 07/12/2012 12:56 AM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
...and now he isn't. He has been stuck in the calendar all day.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)