Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#249832 08/06/2012 7:29 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
My host has informed us ahead of time that they are upgrading to PHP 5.3. I am running UBB Threads Version 7.5.4.2p2. Are there any compatibility problems or issues I need to be aware of?

Additionally, they also tell me that PHP 5.3 does not support Zend optimizer. Do we use that?




Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
FordDoctor #249833 08/06/2012 8:33 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,344
I run php 5.3 and yes it does not support zend optimizer but the replacement is zend gaurd loaded. Only issue i ran into with it was with gallery 3 software not ubb.

FordDoctor #249837 08/07/2012 2:07 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I doubt you use Zend optimizer if you don't know what it is... The UBB doesn't use it.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
FordDoctor #250009 08/27/2012 6:18 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
Well, the only issues I have come across have been some random php depreciation warnings in some other scripts. Just once in UBB... wish I thought to make a note of the warning and what I was doing.


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)