Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#249897 08/19/2012 2:11 PM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
i just get this message when i click on any pm.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_STRING in /home/content/h/o/l/holmgrain2007/html/scripts/viewmessage.inc.php on line 302


how do i fix it?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Unless you have been moding or upgrading I would suspect that possibly your host has upgraded your php or mysql versions?


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Just a thought... Could you perhaps check the integrity of the private messages table?

Otherwise, the only time I see this sort of error is when I typed the code wrongly. sick

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
how do i do that?

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
If you have phpMyAdmin, go to the Operations tab and look for Table maintenance.

This is an odd sort of error message to get getting. As I said, it's normally something I'd expect to see after coding something incorrectly.

If the sql table is ok, I'd try uploading another good copy of that file. Failing that, perhaps as Ruben says, your hosts have been changing things.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
You could also try making sure that the file you're running is stock by taking the stock scripts/viewmessage.inc.php from the install archive and replacing that file on your server.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)