Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
Maybe I am stupid but I read that I can activate the Twiiter and Facebook icons in "topic display options" right?
But where is the tickerbox to do so?
I have version 7.5.6p2 and I see other people have the twitter icon.
I checked Showflat.php but that is version {* Script Version 7.5.5 *} can this be the reason?

Well, it has been a long time that I tweaked the software so I am a little bit out of date.
Who can help me to activate the facebook/twiiter links?
Attachments
ubb.jpg

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Mine shows it: CP -> Display Options -> General -> Primary Tab -> Topic Display Options -> "Show Facebook "Like" Button" & "Show Tweet Button"
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 45
H
newbie
newbie
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 45
I'm running 7.5.6p2 and no such options appear in my control panel.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
What does the version # show at the bottom of the control panel? It's possible that when you upgraded your forums that a file may have been skipped when updating the Control Panel files.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Like Helice said and I checked v7.56p2
So Again goto your control panel.
Under display options select General
On the primary tab, Expand the Topic Display Options
Just below the Minimum Number of Views for Hot Topic: option you will see them:
Show Facebook "Like" Button
Show Tweet Button
Your Twitter Account


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
F
stranger
stranger
F Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 8
Ok, Thanks it is working now


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)