Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#250920 11/21/2012 2:42 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
I've been using Ubbthreads forever... I just recently activated the new user Queue to try to curb the overwhelming tide of spammers registering on my site...

I signed up with a test user, but didn't get an email to my admin email account telling me someone just registered??

Doesn't an email get generated to the admin when a new user signs up and is in the signup queue?

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
It also looks like any posts made in forums that are set to moderation of new posts are also not sending emails for notification of new posts needing approval??

And yes, I have added myself (admin user) as moderator for the forums etc.

Last edited by Deejay23; 11/21/2012 2:49 PM.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Yes it does generate a email if you are on a current version like at least 7.x. And you have elected to receive the notification in your Preferences.
For new(test) users. I believe you need to register a account without using the same email address as a admin.
But anyway you need to login as a admin then goto mystuff-Edit Preferences .
At the bottom of the screen you will see the options to be notified of. They are not turned on by default.

FYI, Moderators will have a similar list but not all options that a admin has such as new registrations..


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Did that fix your issue?


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
DOH!

Thanks for this... Soooo many settings and so hard to remember them all!

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
D
newbie
newbie
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
I'd love to get the 10 year user img too... Spose I need to msg someone about that hey smile

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Just remember to tell your moderators. Or they will ask also.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by Deejay23
I'd love to get the 10 year user img too... Spose I need to msg someone about that hey smile
Well I guess you need to ask Brooks(ubbsystems)


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Ruben
Well I guess you need to ask Brooks(ubbsystems)
Yup, he's the onlyone who can validate any type of license information... If we could get access to that data we could do it, but we don't lol.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Well, I may as well join in the fun and add a +1 to that.

Dunny? You next mate? wink


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)