Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 26
P
Newbie
Newbie
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 26
Hi,

I'm updating a board to 7.5.7 (from 7.5.6p2) and updating the trademark symbols at the same time from (tm) to (R). When I do this (by typing [ALT]+0174) in the forum name and save it, it actually saves 2 characters, and ends up being shown as "®", prepending an extra character. I can change it in the database backend to remove the first character, resulting in it showing as "�" in the control panel, but displaying correctly on the board. We have the same issue with the board name as well, but not the category names which allows us to enter HTML entities.

Now, I seem to remember I had this issue before in an older version of UBB.threads, but is there a workaround/fix for this, or should I just live with it?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Add it as
Code
®


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 26
P
Newbie
Newbie
P Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 26
I've tried that. It shows up literally; it doesn't appear to get decoded on display as it should do (or perhaps more accurately, it gets inappropriately HTML-escaped at some point).


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)