Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 28
S
newbie
newbie
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 28
Hi -- I upgraded from 7.5.5 to 7.5.7 and am running the install/upgrade script.

I am getting the following errors in step 7:

"Not all language files have been updated properly. Below you will find a list of files that have not been updated. You can manually add these or return to the previous step to try and add them automatically."

It lists a bunch like:
english/admin/membermanage.php
Missing string: $ubbt_lang['ADD_USER'] = "Add New User";
Missing string: $ubbt_lang['PSW'] = "Password";

The thing is, they are not missing. I copied the language files exactly from the 7.5.7 install bundle, and all of those strings are in there. I can see those strings in the files.

Can anyone tell me why the install script thinks this is installed incorrectly? Is this a known issue?

Also, is there anything important in the "install upgrade" script after languages? Or am I done here?

Also, are there any database changes between 7.5.5 and 7.5.7?

Thanks

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 358
Likes: 1
I just did mine yesterday.... There are no database changes between those two versions.

I have a different posting here discussing the Language function. Frankly I find it to be the poorest described section in the instructions. I'm working on a new set of upgrade instructions which I"m going to "volunteer" to have posted.


https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/251889/5


--BIll B
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I hope you are running upgrade.php in your browser not install.php.
It worked flawless for me.
I ftp'ed the language files first before running the upgrade script..
Could it be uploading the languages files failed?


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)