Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
L
stranger
stranger
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
This is probably a stupid question smile. I can't seem to copy an image from my computer to a standard forum post. Also, when I attach an image it shows the attachment but when clicked does not show the image. What am I doing wrong?

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
L
stranger
stranger
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
Ok , I've figured out how to attach an image by creating a file in my directory and pointing the attachments to it, but how do you paste an image to the body of a post with out using the file manager function? Thanks for any help!

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
The option you're looking for can be found in the CP:
(This can be found in the UBB.Wiki) - CP -> Display Options -> General -> Primary Tab -> Topic Display Options -> "Max Size for Inline Uploaded Images"

This setting, in bytes, is how large of an image you want to display "in line" when attached to a post; I would recommend keeping this number low as every user loading the post is going to load the image, including search engines (and as such, can eat through bandwidth on popular forums).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
L
stranger
stranger
L Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 15
Thanks Gizmo! This is what I was looking for......


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
4 members (mmem700, vscope, SteveS, 1 invisible), 668 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)