Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
Addict
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
I received the following error message:
Quote
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Script: /home1/maritim5/public_html/forums/scripts/activetopics.inc.php
Line#: 179
SQL Error: Table './maritim5_forums/ubbt_POSTS' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
SQL Error #: 144
Query: SELECT t1.FORUM_ID, t1.FORUM_TITLE, t3.POST_SUBJECT, t3.POST_ICON, t3.POST_POSTED_TIME, t2.TOPIC_LAST_POSTER_NAME, t3.POST_BODY, t2.TOPIC_ID, t3.POST_ID, t1.FORUM_IS_GALLERY, t2.TOPIC_VIEWS, t2.TOPIC_REPLIES, t2.TOPIC_CREATED_TIME, t4.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t5.USER_NAME_COLOR FROM ubbt_FORUMS as t1, ubbt_TOPICS as t2, ubbt_POSTS as t3, ubbt_USERS as t4, ubbt_USER_PROFILE as t5 WHERE t1.FORUM_ID IN (111,112,113,114,115,116,118,4,5,6,10,12,13,14,15,16,17,22,24,25,26,27,30,32,34,36,38,39,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,50,51,52,53,54,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,67,68,70,71,72,74,78,79,84,85,86,87,88,89,91,93,95,97,98,104,106,107,108,109,110,1,8,9,83,105,2,35,66,100,117,3,37,48,49,77,7,23,40,82,103,11,20,28,76,19,21,31,94,33,80,99,69,73,81,90,92,96,29,102,55,75) AND t1.FORUM_ACTIVE_POSTS = 1 and t2.TOPIC_LAST_POST_ID = t3.POST_ID and t2.TOPIC_LAST_REPLY_TIME > 1362852736 and t2.TOPIC_LAST_POSTER_ID = t4.USER_ID AND t2.FORUM_ID = t1.FORUM_ID AND t2.TOPIC_STATUS <> 'M' AND t2.TOPIC_IS_APPROVED = 1 AND t4.USER_ID = t5.USER_ID ORDER BY t2.TOPIC_LAST_REPLY_TIME DESC limit 10

I also received the following CONTROL PANEL MESSAGE:
Quote
Script: /home1/maritim5/public_html/forums/admin/login.php
Line#: 232
SQL Error: Table './maritim5_forums/ubbt_POSTS' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
SQL Error #: 144
Query: SELECT COUNT(t1.POST_ID) FROM ubbt_POSTS as t1, ubbt_TOPICS as t2 WHERE t1.POST_IS_APPROVED = '0' and t1.TOPIC_ID = t2.TOPIC_ID
How can I fix this?

Thank you.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
The error states that the POSTS table has crashed. Very bad news.
Unless you have a backup of the database. You only option is to attempt a repair manually.

I can only assume that you can't access your ubb control panel and you have phpmyadmin in your hosting control panel.
If you do then there is a tool to check the table as well as repair it.

From the host control panel select phpmyadmin.
Open your ubb database.
select the ubbt_POSTS table on the left.
Then select operations from the tab on the top.
On the bottom left is Table maintenance
You have several options of which repair is one.
Also there is a icon to the right of each option that explains the process to you which I suggest you do.
Run the repair when ready.

If you have ubb control panel access.
on the left near the bottom should be Database Tools
Select it and then select the SQL command tab.
Enter
SQL Query
REPAIR TABLE `ubbt_POSTS` 
in the query box.
Then click on execute.

You will get a brief message and hopefully it should have a ok.

Good luck

Last edited by Ruben; 03/16/2013 1:38 PM. Reason: Added comment

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
Addict
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
I do have access into my Admin Control Panel.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
Addict
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
Will do that now and see what happens.

If all else fails, I will restore the latest back-up.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
Addict
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
It worked!!!! smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
Addict
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 626
That was what I thought of doing, but was afraid to do it until after I heard from somebody, which was you.

Thank you!!! smile

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Good deal now to the real question ,WHY!
Could be anything.
So I would keep a eye on any activity from your host.
new server
software upgrades
connection issues



Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
It's not really a big deal; it actually happens pretty often, just a quick repair through the MySQL Command Line or PHPMyAdmin and you're good to go...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
Addict
Addict
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 522
I'll second what Giz said... It happens on mine occasionally. I use PHPMyAdmin to repair it. On a large forum, like mine, it can take a few minutes to repair (or optimize) the POSTS table.


Steve

UBB.classic from 2000-2003
UBB.threads from 2003-present!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 347 guests, and 100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)