Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#252625 04/13/2013 5:35 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
E
stranger
stranger
E Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
I've been searching the threads for information on how to limit the information that is available when a user looks at the profile of another user. Some things to consider about my board:

1. I run a very limited and locked down board and need to keep most personally identifiable information hidden.

2. I have some specific questions all registrants must answer before they are approved for membership.

With our recent upgrade from 6.something to 7.5, there are 2 major concerns with the Profile.

1. The whole "About me" section I'd like to make disappear. Not only does it have location information which I cannot allow, it also has all of those very specific registration questions listed. Before I turn "Can View Member Profile" ON, I need to be able to determine what is shown.

2. The whole "contact info" section also needs to go.

I realize that this doesn't leave much information on a profile, but due to the nature of our community, this is all that we need to offer.

Can this be done thru CP settings? or will I need to alter code directly?

Eugene #252626 04/13/2013 11:42 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
addict
addict
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 514
Well I am not sure if this will help or even if it is going to do what you are asking....

However, in the CP it does have a tab under Registration Settings, which is the registration screen which can make you hide a lot of the things you are saying here.

It has three settings,

Hide,

Show,

Show + Require.


Not sure if this is what you mean, but that is what the stock code has to offer. (as far as I can tell)

Dunny

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
if it's not in profile settings you're going to have to edit the templates directly (or hire someone to do it on your behalf).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
E
stranger
stranger
E Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 8
Thanks Dunny for the try.

Gizmo, thats what I was afraid of. Bummer!

Has anyone thought about making what pieces of information are available in the displayed profile a control panel configurable item?


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (vscope, SteveS), 683 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)