Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 41
S
Newbie
Newbie
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 41
Hi,

I recently upgraded to UBB 7, and I'm working on tweaking it to suit my needs. It's working great. I'm wondering if there's a way (or what the best way is) to display threads as 'unread' when viewing the post list. For example display them as bold, or display a different icon beside them.

I think I'm missing something - I notice in the first column there is a white "no new posts" folder (nonewfolder.gif). I would expect threads with unread or new posts to have a different image (maybe a yellow folder?) but it's always nonewfolder.gif. Even on this board I notice that.

So in other words, I would like either a yellow folder, or bold text -like when you select posts for inline moderation- to appear on posts that the user hasn't visited yet. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Andrew


Last edited by sw55; 04/24/2013 1:20 AM.
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
yes, the style editor allows you to css it to your heart's content wink

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 41
S
Newbie
Newbie
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 41
Thanks. I was confusing "new since last visit", with "read/unread". I see now that it works fine, and by default "new since last visit" show in bold and with yellow icons.

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
yes, and you can do all kinds of things like change the BG to a slightly different color to highlight the entire row.

basically, your imagination and knowledge of css is all wink


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)