Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#252731 05/11/2013 1:34 PM
E
stranger
stranger
E Offline
As an administrator, I should be able to edit posts no matter how old they are. I've checked that the proper settings are configured on the forum for me to do so. However, on one particular post, when I make my edits and either try to preview or directly post I get this message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /threads/ubbthreads.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

So, if I'm able to edit any other post, what's the problem with this one?

addict
addict
corrupt table possibly? Not sure, but I have also seen settings even for administrators for time to edit a post. I will look at it tonight, but I think that has to be set even for Admins (as far as actually editing a post).

Dunny

E
stranger
stranger
E Offline
Thanks Dunny. I've made sure in the comtrol panel that the value for administrators is set to "1" in the "Edit any post" section of Forum Permissions. Thats the first thing I checked. Then I checked to make sure that I'm and admin smile. Then I tried to edit other posts in that same forum that were both older and newer.

Within this post are several links to threads that were posted in our old system using UBB Threads 6.5. Could those links be the problem?

E
stranger
stranger
E Offline
Alright. I think that I found the answer. If you all have any insight it would be helpful.

In this post there were old links to threads from the old 6.5 UBBThreads plus some url's to external web sites. All of the old threads links were dead and several of the external sites were as well. Once I removed ALL of the "[ url ]" tags, the "forbidden" message went away.

So, does version 7.5.7 have code checking whereby those "[ url ]" tags are validated?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Eugene
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /threads/ubbthreads.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
This is a Web Server Error, not a UBB.Threads error.

Ask your webhost if they have Mod_Security installed and ask them to look at your weblogs accordingly, there is likely something in this posting that is triggering the (rather absurdly strict) security module to not allow the content to be displayed/edited.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
addict
addict
And Gizmo with the save LOL all I could think of was the permissions..but then I didn't think about the fact that you did say you could edit other posts... (durr te durr moment).

Dunny

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
wink now we're cookin...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 396 guests, and 110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29