|
|
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 37
newbie
|
|
newbie
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 37 |
There is nowhere I can see that sets the time zone. Now I host on a virtual server that lives somewhere and the time is set to my local time (AEST) but it seems the server returns EST (no idea why it doesn't return the Australia bit). Anyway I am on a hosted solution so need to fix locally in the script as don't control the php ini file on the server. Everything works EXCEPT the rss feed which returns EST not AEST and so I get : <pubDate>Wed, 22 May 2013 14:23:06 EST</pubDate> in the rss. I want that to read AEST. I tried setting at the first line of the config.inc.php file <?php
date_default_timezone_set('AEST');
$config = array (
....But that has made no impact. Where can I define the time zone so that the rss creation that reads date from POST_POSTED_TIME uses the timezone I set with the default timezone php command. Issue is when I use a 3rd party aggregation it reads my EST as US time and hence I have pubDates set in the future which isn't ideal. Thanks.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
The "forum wide" Time Zone offset can be found in the "Date and Time" settings in the " Display Options" section of the control panel. Users can set their own offset in their preferences.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 37
newbie
|
|
newbie
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 37 |
That is a time zone offset. I want to set the time zone. The SERVER has the wrong time zone (but the right local time)
So it is saying "10:00am EST" when it is actually "10:00am AEST" so the TIME is right but the time ZONE is wrong.
I am trying to define what time zone I am in so that aggregators get the post time right and don't report posts as in the future as they currently are (as Australia is 3/4 a day in front of the USA)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Well, all RSS feeds and time display in the UBB read the time offset in the control panel. Example, my TZ is set to EDT, my offset is set to PDT; all search engines and rss feeds read PDT because that's what my offset is set to... If you're looking to change your timezone you'll have to contact your webhost as they're the only one who can generally make config changes; or if they've delegated your site access to make configuration changes via htaccess you could roll with the rule: php_value date.timezone "Australia/Melbourne" A list of Australian time zone values are: Australia/Lord_Howe
Australia/Hobart
Australia/Melbourne
Australia/Sydney
Australia/Broken_Hill
Australia/Brisbane
Australia/Lindeman
Australia/Adelaide
Australia/Darwin
Australia/Perth
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
I will add mucking arbitrarily with the config.inc.php file. Could cause some heartache. Especially if you might overwrite a setting. There was some conversation on the version 8 to change to just entering a time zone in lieu of a time offset. Of course that never happened.
I assume when you state "3rd party aggregation" You are talking spiders such as google.
Which will go by the rules set for guests. So the time offset will be via what is in the cp setting and what is set by the host for a time zone.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 37
newbie
|
|
newbie
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 37 |
Ruben - exactly. It is actually rebel mouse in this case but the same thing.
Not overwriting anything in config.inc file, just added a line for a value not set anywhere or used anywhere within ubb.
Might play with htaccess and see if I have any luck there. Thanks.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
The config file isn't a good place to make manual additions; it'll be overwritten every time you make a configuration change in the CP and you'll loose any manual edits that aren't forum related settings...
|
|
|
|
1 members (vscope),
384
guests, and
137
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|