Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Reference:
UBB V7.5.7
Apache 2.2.23
PHP 5.3.19
mySQL 5.1.70-cll

Hey guys.. All of a sudden, many of my board members using MS Security Essentials and Internet Explorer are complaining about critical threat warning for the JS/Seedabutor.C trojan popping up. I performed a complete server virus scan using ClamAV and found nothing. When I do a google search for JS/Seedabutor.C, I see a multitude of sites describing how to get rid of it from a client (windows) computer.. but nothing about how to irradicate it from a website server.

Any tips?

Yes, I've gone round and round with the members about ensuring the trojan is removed from their computer, and they insist that they have done so.. and that they can browse all day and only see this threat pop-up when they visit the forum.

I'm still inclined to think it is not the site.. but want to be sure. Any hints/tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul
http://www.montecarloss.com/community/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com
Well case closed. Wasn't the webserver after all. Apparently Windows Security was at fault (surprise surpise). Their recent update pushed out this week corrected the problem. All the users complaining of the Trojan say the pop-up threat warning has gone away.

Paul

Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 791 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29