Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#253456 08/23/2013 10:36 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 46
W
newbie
newbie
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 46
Hi there,

We are exporting a UBB Threads forum and discovered that a number of users do not appear to have MD5 hashed passwords. I seem to recall that these members may have been with us from the early days when the site was running UBB Classic. Did Classic have a different way of storing pwords?

If not, the only other thing I can think of is the version of mysql must have been a very early one and non-MD5.

Any help much appreciated

Willzter

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Without more details I can only guess.
Yes ubb classic which was a perl based flat files system stored the password in a text file.
But when upgrading to threads 7.x. All members should have been imported to the mysql database and hence been converted to MD5.
As I recall.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 46
W
newbie
newbie
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 46
Thanks Ruben.

It wasn't from Classic to 7.x. I think we went from Classic to Threads 6.x (or maybe 5.x) initially and then ended up at 7.5 eventually.

I'm wondering if Threads in the 5.x or 6.x might have had different hashing?


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)