Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#253691 09/18/2013 10:03 AM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 36
T
newbie
newbie
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 36
I started a new category with a approved group access only. I copied the permissions from another section. The issue I have is the users I add to the group are unable to use the gremlins.
They can select them but once they post only the :shortcut: shows up. It works for the all MODS but not users.



I need all the help I can get.
Teal #253692 09/18/2013 2:05 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 36
T
newbie
newbie
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 36
Anyone?


I need all the help I can get.
Teal #253693 09/18/2013 3:58 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
goto the control panel open the forum permission for that forum.

Double check
"Can post using Markup/UBBCode"

make sure there is a 1 not a 0 for the new group.
You will need to do it for every forum
so might as well goto Control Panel » Group Management
Select forum to the right of the new group.
open the Can post using Markup/UBBCode permission
and add a 1 to all the forums they have access to.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Teal #253694 09/18/2013 4:14 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 36
T
newbie
newbie
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 36
That was it. Thank you kind sir.


I need all the help I can get.
Teal #253695 09/18/2013 4:28 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
No problemo.
You may also want to make sure the other permissions are correct for the new group.
Using the Control Panel » Group Management method.
so you can see all forums at once
Also might as well double check the site permissions

Last edited by Ruben; 09/18/2013 4:29 PM.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)